Vail Resorts Race Crew - FT & PT - Beaver Creek Resort in Beaver Creek, Colorado
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Beaver Creek: At the gate, you leave everyday life behind. That's why people travel to Beaver Creek, Colorado from all over the world, and many make it a tradition. The drama of rock and sky, the sheer grandeur of this place, is one reason. That it is North America's World Cup Mountain is another. It is also a place of intimacy. A private resort hidden from view, with the power to bring people together.
Race Crew at Beaver Creek Resort are responsible for the production of our annual Birds of Prey World Cup races. This is a premier stop on the Men’s World Cup tour. It is hard work but extremely rewarding seeing these top Athletes preform and know that our Team made this happen. The remainder of the season we still host other races. We have daily public racing at our EpicMix Racing venue. We also host other special events throughout the winter season including USSA, USCSA, and Corporate Group races. Race crew duties include providing excellent guest service, event set up, execution and cleanup that can include timing, announcing, course setting, course maintenance, registration, starting, manning a scoreboard and hill clean up. Race crew will also be asked to do other duties as assigned. Race Crew can be a fun and rewarding job for someone who loves to work outside.
Race Crew is required to work a varied schedule any day of the week with extended hours during special events and holidays. For example during World Cup a normal day can start at 5:00am and finish at 7:00pm. Normal work days are from 8:00am until 4:30pm.
• Must be 18 years of age or older - required
• Must be an expert skier or snowboarded - required
• Must be able to lift and carry 50lbs while skiing on difficult terrain - required
• Must be able to work outside in adverse winter weather conditions - required
• Must be able to work safely around heavy equipment – required
• Must be able read, write, speak, comprehend and understand English - required
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time without sitting - required
• Must be able to talk and hear using two-way radios and phones - required
• Must be able to work efficiently and effectively as part of a team - required
• Must show up on time and ready to work for every scheduled shift - required
• Flexible schedule required, may require working 5-7 days or more in a row (for events) - required
• Must be able to work weekends and holidays - required
• Must have basic computer skills - preferred
• Prior race department or coaching experience - preferred
• Prior relevant ski racing experience - preferred
Entire season commitment (November 2018 through April 2019) - preferred
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID [[id]]