Vail Resorts Junior Compensation Analyst in Broomfield, Colorado
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
SUMMARY OF JOB:
The Compensation Analyst at Vail Resorts provides knowledge and guidance on compensation related questions. By aligning with HR Business Partners, the analyst will enhance the understanding of compensation philosophy and practices. A successful candidate will have a background in either compensation or financial analysis with the ability to learn and understand compensation methodologies.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide compensation guidance to Management and HR Business Partners with respect to all compensation matters including salary management, compensation program administration and plan design, new hire and retention needs, and policies and procedures in support of strategic objectives.
• Understand the business and related specific market conditions. Build relationships to enable trust within the compensation team.
• Identify and recommend competitive solutions to compensation issues, while educating HR Business Partners on compensation philosophy and practice.
• Evaluate internal jobs to determine appropriate promotional and hiring pay levels based on internal rates, performance levels, and external job and market pay comparisons. Perform competitive placement analysis for planning and recruiting process as needed.
• Conduct comprehensive analysis on market data to recommend competitive pay practices to the external market.
• Participate in the survey submission process ensuring accurate matching strategies.
• Complete annual benchmarking review and market analysis to ensure pay ranges and employee compensation aligns based on internal philosophy.
The following describes the general qualifications normally associated with performing the essential functions of this position. In compliance with federal, state or local law, the company will consider varying or modifying these standards to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity or to otherwise comply with law.
• Bachelors Degree, preferably in Business, Finance, or Human Resources, or equivalent experience
• 2-5 years of experience in compensation or financial analysis
• CCP Preferred
• Demonstrated proficiency in Excel
• Use of market pricing tools preferred
• Professional and clear written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of compensation practices and trends, and desire to advance in the field
• Strong analytical and project management skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to successfully manage multiple projects
• Team player with the ability to exercise diplomacy and good judgment
• Enjoys working independently in a fast paced environment
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID [[id]]