Vail Resorts Senior Manager of Employee Investigations in Broomfield, Colorado
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
SUMMARY OF JOB:
The Senior Manager of Employment and Internal Investigations provides enterprise wide support on internal investigations and works directly with the Employment Law and Human Resources teams. The position partners with diverse stakeholders throughout the company to mitigate risk, and achieve high levels of compliance, accuracy and quality in investigations, reporting and resolutions of issues. This position analyzes data and metrics to proactively identify trends and issues and helps to facilitate process and/or policy improvements that support the employee experience and the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conducts, plans, organizes, leads and/or provides advice regarding investigations, including conducting interviews, site visits as needed, reviewing personnel records, past practices, creating investigation plans and developing recommendations for final resolution of investigations.
• Prepares and/or provides advice regarding detailed investigative reports based on evidence revealed during investigations, with analysis to support the final determination and recommends that appropriate action be taken. Participates in pre-determination discussions with HR, Employment Law and Operational teams, as appropriate.
• Organizes, synthesizes and analyzes varied and complex information, problems, and data, including quarterly reporting on investigations, metrics, SLA adherence.
• Designs and/or utilizes procedures for capturing data learned from investigations and succinctly communicates that data in a meaningful way to various stakeholders.
• Acts as a neutral party, and advocates for a balanced perspective and outcome. Presents recommendations to inform decisions of key stakeholders.
• Collaborates with and supports the Employment Law team in the ongoing design, development, and enhancement of investigations, interviews, workflows, methodologies, data gathering and reporting.
• Listens, identifies, and distills essential information needed to assess and resolve problems.
• Works collaboratively with others, fosters effective working relationships, maintains confidences and exercises sound judgment and discretion especially in dealing with sensitive, complex civil rights, legal and HR issues and situations.
• Identifies and supports policy improvements and recommends programs, strategies and other activities to prevent discrimination and harassment as well as implementing strategies for risk analysis and issue resolution.
• Provides a customer-oriented perspective on compliance issues in connection with employment law and HR related investigations.
• Inspires trust and builds strong relationships with HR, Employment Law and Operational teams based in geographically dispersed locations.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources Management or Business Management
• At least 5 years’ investigation experience with a preference for experience investigating EEO, ADA and employment related complaints, as well as interpreting policies and regulations
• Experience with EEO, ADA, and other applicable civil rights and employment laws, regulations and court decisions
• Experience conducting complex investigations, including interview methods, techniques, data analysis, reporting
• Experience in a matrixed, fast-paced and rapidly-changing business environment
• Experience leading and executing projects across multiple geographies and varied client groups
• SPHR or PHR preferred
• Advanced Excel Skills, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
• Working knowledge of applicable employment laws, policies and procedures
• Ability to mediate conflict and conduct investigations
• Ability to gather relevant data, analyze complex problems, evaluate alternatives and make sound recommendations on complex investigation and employee relations issues
• Exercise independent judgment and initiative within established guidelines and present recommendations logically and persuasively
• Effectively prioritizing work and meeting established deadlines
• Exercises tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential human resources issues
• Ability to coach and mentor others
• Ability to apply consultative skills in a business environment
• Possesses strong facilitation skills
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID [[id]]