Vail Resorts Intermediate Maintenance Technician - Ski Area Building Maintenance - Year Round - Keystone Resort in Keystone, Colorado
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
To function as a team member within the Ski Area Building Maintenance department. Ability to make competent decisions while thinking of the customers and resort’s interest at all times. Use skill-based knowledge to perform assigned tasks in a professional manner at all times with focus on efficiency and quality of work. This position can cover many departments pertaining to repairs, upkeep and preventative maintenance as requested. People skills planning, execution, control, communication are essential in completing tasks efficiency and keeping department informed on work status. Vail resorts core values are necessary to succeed in this function.
· Assure that the integrity of the resort assets is maintained.
· Abide by all safety rules and regulations from corporate, State and Federal.
· Implement preventative maintenance programs for assigned facilities and equipment.
· Provide training to Entry level staff when required in job specific tasks.
· Coordinate projects with sub-contractors when required.
· Order and maintain stock for critical equipment for assigned areas.
· Follow all safety procedures and alert supervisor to any unsafe conditions that may exist.
· Work with other departments and area managers as required.
· Possess your own hand tools and keeps them in a safe functional manner at all times.
· Maintain job logs updated daily.
· Maintain a valid Colorado Driver’s License.
· Repair and replace parts, piping valves and other fittings, dry wall application, painting and other repair and maintenance duties.
· Good knowledge in appliance installation, general mechanics, wood work and troubleshooting.
· Good knowledgeable with plumbing and systems, electrical, controls and kitchen equipment.
· Knowledgeable on Lock out tag out procedure, OSHA, EPA, MSDS and PPE.
· Planning, organizing and controlling are key attributes.
· Attend training classes for job specific skills.
· Maintain good attitude and people skills even during high-pressure situations, be a good leader.
· Other duties as assigned related to function.
· High school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience - required
· Minimum of four years of related field experience - required
· EPA Refrigerant Certification - preferred
· Strong facilities maintenance background in the following skills: plumbing, mechanical system repairs, minor carpentry and building repairs
· HVAC/boiler repair - preferred
· Large kitchen electrical/mechanical troubleshooting - preferred
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and boundless options for adventure and exploration, you can join a community who loves where they live and loves what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home; a place where friendliness, an eye for detail and unmatched guest service is the foundation of our Culture. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID [[id]]