Vail Resorts Area Manager, Retail & Rental - Northstar California Resort in Northstar, California
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Area Manager will have direct operational responsibility of multi-unit retail, rental, and accessory shops of various sizes within Northstar. The Area Manager will oversee stores management in attaining maximum profitability and productivity, while implementing and maintaining company policies for stores.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· Partner with the Regional Manager and local resort team to provide vision and leadership that result in exceptional performance of the area’s team members and businesses.
· Recruit, develop and retain a high-performing, empowered team.
· Develop a positive team culture through drive, own, align and empower.
· Deliver the “Experience of a Lifetime” to our guests and employees.
· Hold yourself and our team accountable for living our company core values; Serve Others, Do Right, Drive Value, Do Good, Be safe, Have Fun.
· Develop and manage strategies to achieve stated goals.
· Exceed budgeted contribution (group level income) through sales generation and expense re-imagination.
· Maintain businesses (inside and out) in a neat, clean, well-organized condition.
· Ensure that all safety standards are met and that safety is always front of mind.
· Performance management of team members, including coaching, recognition, disciplinary action and performance evaluations.
· Conduct monthly store audits and utilize audits in performance management.
· Conduct regular meetings (individual and group) with area team members to establish goals, review performance and provide organized communications.
· Ensure that operating and administrative policies and procedures are adhered to.
· Manage the unit’s Operating and Capital budget, processes, bidding, scope on time.
· Appropriately utilize internal and external resources to achieve all stated goals.
. Communication - internally and externally using a sense of urgency on reply with accuracy.
· A minimum of 5 years' store management experience in the retail industry - required
· A minimum of 5 years' of direct supervisory experience - required
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook - required
· Demonstrated leadership and team development skills
· Demonstrated ability to effect business results in a positive manner
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Communicate fluently with team members and guests in accurate spoken and written English - required
· Knowledge of full service rental, retail and tuning operations (including front and back of the house) - required
· Retail management experience in actions sports industry - preferred
· Bachelor's degree - preferred
· PeopleSoft, Success Factors experience - preferred
As a Vail Resorts employee you get way more than a paycheck or even a ski pass. Our Total Rewards program gives employees access to some of the world’s most beautiful playgrounds and luxurious properties—and the goods to enjoy each of them to their fullest potential.
Some of the benefits include:
· Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug plans
. FTO – Flexible Time Off
· 401 (k) Retirement Plan
· Free ski and snowboard pass to our world-class resorts
· Employee discounts at our retail stores
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· Auto, Home and Pet Insurance
· Excellent training and professional development
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID [[id]]