Vail Resorts Intermediate Maintenance Tech - Summer Seasonal - Temporary Help - Northstar California Resort in Northstar, California
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
· Intermediate Maintenance Technician
The Intermediate Maintenance Tech will provide repairs and systems maintenance, new construction, modifications, and remodeling for Northstar properties in the management program including condominiums, restaurants, offices, and retail spaces; with a heavy emphasis in commercial appliance repair.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· · General building maintenance and repair of building equipment (i.e. Refrigeration, heating, electrical, and plumbing equipment). Repair interior of buildings, repair or replacement of compressors, electrical motors for condenser and evaporative coils, boilers, fans, pumps, plumbing, hot water systems, Household appliance repair, commercial appliance repair, etc.
· · Installation of new equipment as necessary. Repairs and maintains equipment and machinery.
· · Provides insight into inventory of replacement parts, supplies and hardware.
· · Assists in development of programs of regular preventive maintenance for all equipment.
· · Occasionally evaluates worked performed by outside contractors.
· · Requires problem solving and initiation of less clearly defined job activities. May make relatively complex decisions about materials and equipment.
· · Communicate with team members and management to complete work orders in a timely fashion.
· · Occasionally train team members as well as be trained by team members on various building systems and equipment.
· · Complete closed work order paperwork in a timely fashion.
· · Partake in rotated On-Call Policy
· Must be able to work in a team environment based on the Northstar Commitment and Values.
· · Requires the ability to communicate orally and in writing with some precision in grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
· · Must possess an understanding of basic mathematical skills.
· · Must possess strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to interact with guests and customers of the resort in a friendly and accommodating manner.
· · Requires journeyman level skills in plumbing and carpentry, with some emphasis in refrigeration, HVAC, and electrical fields. Commercial and residential
· · Commercial mechanical experience preferred.
· · Additional experience in the resort industry is preferred.
· · Certificate from a college or technical school with a focus on Commercial Appliance Repair, HVAC, Refrigeration, or Electrical preferred; two year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· · Must own adequate tools to complete tasks mentioned above
· · Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places.
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID [[id]]