Vail Resorts Lead Bartender - Tipped - The Arrabelle - Full Time, Year Round in Vail, Colorado
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Summary of job:
Responsible for ensuring that all Resort guests have the highest quality beverage/bar experience possible while maintaining a profitable department that is environmentally responsible.
Follows the brand standards from the beginning of the service cycle through the entire process.
Exhibits strong beverage/wine knowledge, is professional and gracious while enhancing the guest experience through outstanding service skills.
Maintains accurate inventory, costs and keeps all liquor storage areas clean and organized.
Trains and develops all bartenders and helps to train all servers in proper cocktail, wine, beer service and education
Essential job responsibilities:
· Exhibits a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all guest, Arrabelle & Vail Resorts employees, and management.
· Ensures that the guest experience is pleasant in regard to atmosphere, service, pace of service and quality of beverage products and menu items by adhering to the RockResort brand standards
· Handles all opening and/or closing duties required to properly operate any resort bar, service bar or banquet bar. Ensures that all stocking is done, the backbar is displayed according to standards, wells are filled with ice and the bar/lounge area
· Responsible for knowing all table numbers and point seats for proper ringing in of orders. Capable of learning the point-of sale system and of accurately ringing in all food and beverage items as well as balancing at the end of each shift.
· Enforces internal food & beverage cost and labor controls.
· Capable of working as a part of a cohesive team and maintaining a positive, proactive attitude.
· Communicates any special requests or dietary needs to the culinary team for proper execution.
· Responsible for various administrative tasks up to and including: maintaining par levels, submitting daily/weekly orders, and conducts weekly/monthly inventory and ensuring all beverages and bar food items are properly posted in the point-of-sale system.
· Capable of multi tasking and working at a fast, but thorough pace. Partners well with other bartenders, servers and barbacks to provide a "seamless experience" for guests.
· The bartender is responsible for the completion of all side work assigned and seeks out additional responsibilities to help the beverage department function smoothly when work assigned is complete.
· Maintains excellent communication between different departments in the resort as well as within the beverage department.
· Creates and maintains a daily and weekly cleaning schedule.
· Oversees the proper and safe use of all equipment.
· Oversees that all bar signage and menus correct and up to date.
· Assist the department in all recycling and environmental awareness initiatives.
· Adheres to the compliance of state liquor laws and all health regulations.
· Complies with all Resort policies, procedures and standards of operation.
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID [[id]]