Vail Resorts Christine's Station Cook - Whistler Blackcomb - Summer Seasonal in Canada
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts! You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join us, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us.
Why you’ll love working in Food & Beverage:
• Best meal benefits.
• The world’s best commute to and from our on-mountain locations.
• Gain valuable work experience and transferable skills.
• Numerous opportunities for career advancement.
• Meet great people and make life-long friends!
You will be responsible for running a station to successfully produce and serve menu items in a fast paced high end Restaurant. Previous fine dining kitchen experience, coupled with strong inter personal communication skills and a team driven attitude are required for this position to be successful.
What you’ll be doing:
• To be well versed in Whistler Blackcomb’s HACCP and Food Safe and COR programs.
• Responsible for the complete overview of the station.
• Responsible for checking stations are set up and prepped for success based on forecasted business volumes.
• Communicates and reports changes in business volumes through team.
• Leading and coaching staff to provide a world class guest experience.
• Responsible for keeping the kitchen area clean, organized and save at all times.
• Upholding and adhere to freshness, taste, consistency, temperature and appearance of food standards.
• Responsible for waste tracking, waste reduction and waste management.
• Manage peak volume times with a positive attitude – maintain quality and guests serve standards under pressure.
• Ensure food is correctly stored, handled, prepared and presented in a timely manner at all times.
• Coaching and resolving of any potential staff concerns or conflicts.
• Knowledgeable about all dietary offerings, recipes, ingredient lists and station guides manuals.
• Communicates clearly and precisely all issues to sous-chef/chef (i.e., maintenance requirements, missing product, employee issues, food quality concerns, etc.)
• Assist front of house with food related questions and concerns.
• Assist leadership in labor management.
• Knowledgeable about resort Net promoter score and guest satisfaction indicators.
• Adhere and coach all staff to follow hygienic & Food Safe practices.
• Report any Food Safe and Safety related concerns to your supervisor immediately.
• Punctual, in full clean uniform.
• Adhere and enforce the WB grooming policy!
• Demonstrating our Core Values; Serve Others, Do Right, Drive Value, Do Good, Be Safe, Have Fun.
• Minimum of 1.5 years cooking experience in a high end kitchen.
• Food Safe Certificate 1 (Course will be offered).
• Red seal certification an asset
• Exposure to various kitchen machinery such as grill, fryers, ovens, and kettles
• Organize, prepare and clean station.
• Take responsibility for shift in absence of lead cook (step into Lead Cook role if needed).
• Full knowledge of kitchen.
• Proof of clear criminal record check.
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest.