Vail Resorts Rental Store Assistant Manager - Can Ski Creekside, Full Time (Year Round) in Canada
Start date: October, 2018
Term: Full Time (40 hours per week) Salaried, Year-Round
Seasonal positions can be differentiated from year round jobs as they have predefined start and end dates. These dates and hours may vary due to seasonal business fluctuations.
Whistler Blackcomb’s Mission Statement is “To create memories as the best mountain experience again and again.”
Love what you do! Because that’s what we’re all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don’t miss the chance to work and play in BC’s winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you’ve got. #wbworklove
• To continually strive to exceed our Guest’s expectations and to create memories for guests and staff as the best mountain experience again and again.
• Hire, train, coach and schedule staff ongoing throughout duration of season.
Maintain store standards in appearance, merchandising and guest service.
Maintain store inventory levels and related paperwork.
Responsible for staff adherence to policies and procedures of Whistler Blackcomb Mountain Shops.
Perform regular staff appraisals.
Ensure proper care and storage of shop signs, display equipment and fixtures.
Assist in other shop departments.
Conduct regular staff meetings, training and product knowledge sessions.
Operate a computer P.O.S. system and all related procedures.
Accountable for all security issues involving cash, theft, liability and premises.
Attend alarm calls as needed.
Ensure customer follow-up.
Assist manager in preparing operating budget.
Ensure a safe work environment.
Analyze purchases, sales and control inventory.
Place reorders and special orders.
• Ensure guest flow through the store is smooth and timely.
• Report on store financial performance to manager.
• Manage store expenses to a pre-written operating budget as provided by manager.
• Actively and accurately apply Net Promoter survey evaluation with guests through frontline staff. Accountable for store results.
• Accountable for store speed of process, rental equipment condition and inventory level.
• Monitor all steps of rental process ensuring detail accuracy and safety at all times.
• Manage filing, storage, and archiving of rental waivers to ensure accuracy and standardization at all times.
• Lead and supervise an on floor team of lead hands to ensure frontline operations run correctly.
• All other duties as assigned by Manager.
• We are a company that works together and throughout the season you may be required to assist other departments as needed.
• Demonstrate our core values: Safety First, Striving to be the best, and showing that we care
• 2-3 years retail/rental industry experience.
• Excellent communication, organizational and administration abilities.
• Experience balancing a store schedule and working with a fixed budget. Must be fiscally responsible.
• Business education is an asset. A strong understanding of revenue and expense control is preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word).
• Self-motivated, guest oriented, and able to work under pressure.
• Positive, energetic attitude towards guests and peers.
• Previous leadership/supervisory experience required.
• Required to complete a satisfactory criminal record check.
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! (www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb)